Today Marmalade announced the launch of the free Marmalade for Amazon SDK. If you are like me, you have thought of half a dozen ideas for apps that would be great in Amazon Underground, where apps are #ActuallyFree for customers and developers get paid for every minute that the app is used. Now, getting those built is a whole lot easier with the launch of the Marmalade for Amazon SDK.
Marmalade is the first cross-platform solution to implement support for Amazon Underground APK management, including single click publishing, to simplify publishing apps to both Underground and the Amazon Appstore.
Build and deploy games and apps for Amazon Appstore using Marmalade which delivers native performance with low level access to device hardware, no virtual machine CPU and memory overheads. The Marmalade for Amazon SDK unlocks the full power of native development for Amazon's family of Fire devices, with a choice of C++, Lua and more for app development. This SDK is free to all developers interested in publishing apps and games on the Amazon Appstore and Amazon Underground.
Marmalade for Amazon offers three development language options:
- Marmalade C++ - the foundation of the SDK, providing a comprehensive C/C++ API
- Marmalade Quick - a Lua API, built on top of C++ for creation of 2D games
The Marmalade for Amazon SDK also provides support for Amazon services including: IAP, GameCircle, Amazon Mobile Ads, Amazon Insights and Amazon Underground. The tools include a simulator preconfigured with a selection of Amazon Fire OS device resolutions that allow you to quickly test and debug your projects using your Mac/PC. Uploading your app packages and metadata to the Amazon Appstore is easy because you do not need to leave the Marmalade Hub.
The annual license is free and when you are ready you can switch up to Marmalade’s full licence to target other platforms. You can download the SDK here.
I’m excited about this. I love Marmalade's cross-platform support with the low overhead. I'm exploring Marmalade now and will share my experiences with publishing my app. I’d like to hear from you too, please let me know how your experience goes over on my twitch channel.
Getting Started is Easy
- Get the Marmalade for Amazon SDK
- Developers interested in publishing apps and games for Amazon Underground just need to Register for a free developer account and submit your paid or IAP-supported Android app. You can learn more in the eligibility and submission checklist.
- Apps are free for customers and you start earning revenue for every minute customers use your Amazon Underground app.
- Get started at developer.amazon.com/underground
- Sign up for the Amazon Appstore blog to get the latest news: http://bit.ly/AMZNDevBlog
You're Invited! Amazon Underground Developer Webinar
Join me for an informational webinar on Wednesday, September 16th to learn everything you need to know about Amazon Underground and how to get started. Register today!
Choose a time below to register:
- Register for 7:00am PDT (Pacific Time US) on Wednesday, September 16th
- Register for 1:00pm PDT (Pacific Time US) on Wednesday, September 16th