Amazon Pay for Alexa Skills FAQ
In this section
- What is Amazon Pay?
- What is Amazon Pay for Alexa Skills?
- What kind of products and services can I sell using Amazon Pay for Alexa Skills?
- How much does it cost to use Amazon Pay?
- How do I get started?
- What use cases are eligible for using Amazon Pay for Alexa Skills?
- Can a charitable organization build a skill that uses Amazon Pay for Alexa Skills and then use it to accept donations?
- How will I measure performance?
- Do certification requirements differ for Amazon Pay for Alexa Skills?
- When will Amazon Pay for Alexa Skills be available for skills published in other countries?
- Does Amazon Pay for Alexa Skills support one-time purchases, subscriptions, and trial subscriptions?
- What is the customer's purchase experience?
- How are refunds handled?
- What if customers bought something by accident on a skill using Amazon Pay for Alexa Skills?
- Am I eligible to receive customer billing addresses?
- How do I get more help?
Amazon Pay is a service offered by Amazon Payments that lets customers use the payment methods already associated with their Amazon accounts to make payments for goods, services, and donations. Customers can use their payment methods on file in their Amazon accounts. Learn more about Amazon Pay.
With Amazon Pay for Alexa Skills, you can use a simple voice purchasing flow to sell physical goods or services used outside the skill experience. Examples include physical goods, event tickets, and delivery service. After you’ve integrated Amazon Pay for Alexa Skills, your customers don’t need to provide credit card details or shipping addresses or link the skill to a separate account. Customers need to grant permission to use Amazon Pay for each skill in which they want to make a purchase.
You can use Amazon Pay for Alexa Skills to pay for your physical goods or services ordered through Alexa skills. Examples include event tickets, transportation, and flower delivery. You must comply with the Amazon Pay Acceptable Use Policy for your region:
- Austria: Richtlinien zur akzeptablen Nutzung
- France: Règlement sur l'Utilisation autorisée
- Germany: Richtlinien zur akzeptablen Nutzung
- Ireland: Acceptable Use Policy
- Italy: Politica di Utilizzo Consentito
- Spain: Política de Uso Aceptable
- US: Acceptable Use Policy
- UK: Acceptable Use Policy
Amazon Pay charges merchants a per-transaction processing fee that varies by Amazon Pay region. In the U.S. for standard merchants we charge a 2.9% transaction fee + 30 cents authorization fee and for charities a 2.2% transaction fee + 30 cents authorization fee. The authorization fee is non-refundable. See the current Amazon Pay fees for your region:
To start selling products and services from your Amazon Pay for Alexa Skills, the main steps are:
- Sign up for Amazon Pay in the appropriate region:
- Create an Alexa skill.
- Set up your payment workflow and integrate Amazon Pay in your skill.
- Test and certify your Alexa skill.
With Amazon Pay for Alexa Skills, you can use a voice purchasing flow to sell physical goods or services (like event tickets, transportation, and flower delivery)./p>
Can a charitable organization build a skill that uses Amazon Pay for Alexa Skills and then use it to accept donations?
A charitable organization can accept charitable contributions in USD through Alexa Donations, which does not require Alexa skill development. For more information, see the Amazon Pay FAQ for charitable organizations.
For other regions or currencies, donations and charitable solicitations are a restricted activity and allowed only on an individual basis. To request approval for using our payment services for donations and charitable solicitations, contact Amazon Pay.
You can measure skill usage in the Amazon Developer Console. You can measure sales performance of your products and services in Amazon Seller Central:
Yes, they're different. Every skill requires certification before it is added to the Alexa skill store. See the Certify your Skill with Amazon Pay.
Amazon Pay for Alexa Skills is generally available to all developers and users in US, Europe, and Japan. To learn more, contact us:
- Austria Amazon Pay merchant support
- France Amazon Pay merchant support
- Germany Amazon Pay merchant support
- Ireland Amazon Pay merchant support
- Italy Amazon Pay merchant support
- Spain Amazon Pay merchant support
- US Amazon Pay merchant support
- UK Amazon Pay merchant support
Does Amazon Pay for Alexa Skills support one-time purchases, subscriptions, and trial subscriptions?
Yes, Amazon Pay for Alexa Skills supports one-time purchases, subscriptions, and trial subscriptions for physical goods and services.
When the customer enables the skill, the skill asks their permission to use Amazon Pay as their default payment method for purchases made using the skill and to allow Amazon Pay to share the customer’s name, email address, and address with the skill developer so that the skill developer can fulfill the purchase. Amazon does not share credit card or bank account information with the skill developer of an Amazon Pay-enabled Alexa skill. After the payment has been processed, the customer receives payment confirmation via the Alexa App and email. Customers can review all payments made using Amazon Pay by signing in at https://pay.amazon.com.
If default 1-click settings are not set by the buyer, Amazon Pay picks a supported payment instrument for processing.
Merchants are responsible for handling returns and providing information to the customer about the returns process as part of the skill experience.
If customers make an accidental purchase, they can contact Amazon Pay customer support, who will help direct them to the merchant to cancel their order. Customers can also prevent accidental purchases by turning off voice purchasing or setting up a voice purchasing code.
- Austria Amazon Pay customer support
- France Amazon Pay customer support
- Germany Amazon Pay customer support
- Ireland Amazon Pay customer support
- Italy Amazon Pay customer support
- Spain Amazon Pay customer support
- US Amazon Pay customer support
- UK Amazon Pay customer support
This depends on the region that you operate in. All EU-based merchant accounts are eligible to retrieve billing addresses. If the returned Billing Agreement is in an Open state, you can rely on the billing address to be available in the response.
If you didn't find the answer to your question here, contact us in one of two ways:
- For questions about Amazon Pay, contact Merchant Support from your Seller Central account in the US or in the EU.
- For questions about Alexa skills, contact Alexa Developer support.