Prepare for Internationalization
This page discusses the how to update the security profile for an Alexa Built-in device to support internationalization.
Migration process overview
Perform the following tasks to prepare your product for internationalization:
Determine when the security profile for your product was created:
- If you created the security profile for your product before Q3 2016, update your security profile for use with international AVS endpoints. See How To Update Your Security Profile.
- If you created your security in or after Q3 2016, skip to the next step.
Integrate the latest version of the LWA Mobile SDK for Android or iOS:
Update your client code to support the Alexa.ApiGateway interface, which allows the device and AVS to coordinate on the correct URI endpoint for the device connection.
Update your client code to support the latest version of the System interface, which manages Alexa settings on your product, including language switching on Alexa Built-in products.
Update your security profile
If you created your security profile before Q3 2016, update your profile for use with international AVS endpoints.
- Log in to the Amazon Developer Console.
- Navigate to the AVS Dashboard. Locate your product that requires access to international AVS endpoints, and click Edit.
- From the left navigation, select Security Profile.
- Select the security profile you would like to validate for use with international AVS endpoints, and click Edit.
Internationalto your Security Profile Description and click Save.
- Wait up to five minutes for the update to take effect. Now your security profile is valid for use with international AVS endpoints.
Frequently Asked Questions
For FAQs related to Internationalization, see AVS Frequently Asked Questions: Internationalization.
Was this page helpful?
Last updated: Nov 27, 2023