Alexa Voice Service (AVS) API Reference Overview
You can use cloud-based APIs offered by the Alexa Voice Service (AVS).
In this section
AVS offers the following interfaces:
- Alerts – Set and manage locally stored timers, alarms, and reminders.
- Alexa – Use the
Alexainterface for centralized message management and state and error reporting for other capability interfaces.
- Alexa.ApiGateway – Coordinate URI endpoints when exchanging messages with Alexa services.
- Alexa.ApplicationStateReporter – Notify Alexa when an app, such as Prime Video, is open on the endpoint.
- Alexa.Camera.LiveViewController – Enable live feed video stream to a viewing device from a security camera.
- Alexa.Discovery – Report capabilities, connection information, and other metadata for Alexa devices and connected endpoints.
- Alexa.Display – Report physical characteristics of two-dimensional video display devices.
- Alexa.Display.Window – Report the characteristics of potential windows that you might create on the physical display of a device.
- Alexa.DoNotDisturb – Disable incoming notifications, announcements, and calls.
- Alexa.InputController – Set the active audio or video input for a device.
- Alexa.InteractionMode – Report the supported user interaction paradigms of a device, such as a "tablet mode" or an "auto head unit mode." For more details about Alexa APIs for multimodal experiences, see Alexa Multimodal API Overview.
- Alexa.ModeController – Control and report the states of an endpoint. You define the states to match the modes of your endpoint.
- Alexa.PowerController – Control and report the binary power state of an endpoint.
- Alexa.Presentation – Define common visual presentation behaviors, such as reporting device-side lifecycle updates to Alexa.
- Alexa.Presentation.APL – Renders an Alexa Presentation Language (APL) document and reports user interactions from an Alexa Built-in device. For more details about APL, see Alexa Multimodal API Overview.
- Alexa.Presentation.APL.Video – Report the codecs that a device supports for video content in APL documents. For more details about APL, see Alexa Multimodal API Overview.
- Alexa.RangeController – Control and report the states of an endpoint. You define the states as a continuous numeric range.
- Alexa.SoftwareComponentReporter – Report software information to AVS.
- Alexa.ToggleController – Control and report the binary "on" or "off" states of an endpoint.
- AudioActivityTracker – Report to Alexa about on-device audio activities.
- AudioPlayer – Fetch, play, and manage audio streams.
- Bluetooth – Establish and manage connections with external Bluetooth devices.
- EqualizerController – Set the equalizer values for speaker output.
- InteractionModel – Publish updates to the device interaction model, for example, enabling Alexa-initiated experiences, such as Routines.
- Notifications – Provide users with audio and visual indicators of new available content from Alexa skills.
- PlaybackController – Communicate locally triggered playback state changes on a device to Alexa, such as user pausing playback by pressing a button.
- PlaybackController – Render Alexa Presentation Language (APL) visual content and report – User interactions. For more details about APL, see Alexa Multimodal API Overview.
- Speaker – Manage a device's physical speaker volume and mute settings.
- SpeechRecognizer – Capture and interact with user speech through a device's microphone.
- SpeechSynthesizer – Playback synthesized speech from Alexa.
- System – Exposes functionality related to the basic system-level operation of an Alexa Built-in device.
- TemplateRuntime – Render display cards created from templates that accompany voice interactions, music playback, and other user experiences.
Note: TemplateRuntime is an older way to provide GUI support for Alexa Built-in devices. Use the Alexa Presentation Language (APL) interfaces instead. For more details about APL, see Alexa Multimodal API Overview.
- VisualActivityTracker – Communicate to Alexa about on-device visual activities.
- Alexa Built-in Overview
- Build an Alexa Built-in Speaker, Soundbar, or AVS
- AVS Device SDK Overview
- Alexa Multimodal API Overview
- Alexa Interface Reference
- Alexa Interface Message and Property Reference.
Last updated: Apr 14, 2023