The Amazon Mobile Ads API for Android is a Java library that allows you to easily place high-quality display ads from the Amazon Mobile Ad Network into your app. The Amazon Mobile Ad Network can help you better monetize your apps and gain exclusive access to highly interest-based ads from brand advertisers, including Amazon and its subsidiaries.
The Amazon Mobile Ads API for Android is compatible with phones and tablets running Fire OS or Android 2.3 and newer.
How to Get Started
- Sign in to your Amazon Apps & Games Developer Portal account. If you do not already have one, you will be prompted to create an account.
- Submit your payment and tax information*. (Skip this step if you have already submitted this information)
- Get an Application Key (32 characters) by navigating to the ‘Mobile Ads’ tab under ‘APPS & SERVICES’ and clicking on "Register New Android App". Click on the 'Mobile Ads' section in the sub navigation under the app name. After you answer Mobile Ads related questions, your Application Key will appear under the main 'Mobile Ads' navigation tab.
- Download and integrate the Amazon Mobile Ads API. You can quickly add a new ad placement to an existing app by following the steps in the Quick Start Guide. To maximize your eCPM, please ensure that you provide Amazon Mobile Ad Network the first look and then fall back to other ad networks when ads are not available; you can see an example of how this can be done on the Using Amazon Mobile Ads API with Mediation SDKs page.
- Verify that the ad placement is working correctly by following the Developer Launch Checklist.
- Submit your app to the Amazon Appstore, Google Play, or another app distribution framework. See the Submitting Your App page for details.