Known Issues of the Alexa Gadgets Toolkit
Note: Register now for Alexa Live, Amazon’s annual Alexa developer conference on July 20, 2022.
Note: On December 31, 2021, we paused support for third-party device makers working with Alexa Gadgets, while we work to create an even better developer and customer experience. Please stay tuned to the Amazon developer portal for updates. In the interim, please visit the landing pages for Alexa Voice Service, Alexa Connect Kit, and Alexa Skills Kit to discover ways you can provide new customer experiences with voice.
This topic lists the known issues of the Alexa Gadgets Toolkit.
- Viseme data is unavailable for some types of content. Examples of this content include, but are not limited to, reminders on devices with a screen, audio books, and any audio not spoken by Alexa (jokes not spoken by Alexa, sports news, and so on).
- The gadget might not receive viseme data when Alexa's response contains a wakeword (for example, "Alexa", "Echo", or "Computer").
The following known issues are specific to Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE):
- Pairing and connection issues can occur if the gadget is discoverable over both BLE and Classic Bluetooth. We recommend configuring your gadget for BLE-only mode for now.
- On some Echo devices, there might be an intermittent issue in which the Echo device can no longer connect to the gadget after a power cycle. In this case, go to the Alexa app and validate that the gadget is still paired. If it isn't, go through the pairing process again.
- We are working to resolve issues that cause the Echo device and the gadget to occasionally stop communicating. If this occurs, reboot the Echo device. If the reboot does not work, then check the Alexa app and re-pair the gadget if the gadget is not listed under Device Settings > Connected Devices.
- On some Echo devices, a
StateListener.StateUpdatedirective of type
timeinfomight be sent more often than every 30 minutes.
- The Alerts interface does not currently support triggering of music alarms.
- Tempo data is sent to the gadget even when Amazon Music is muted.
- When playing multi-room audio, which is when music is played on multiple Echo devices within the same household simultaneously, tempo data is not sent to the gadget. To avoid interruptions, disable multi-room audio while you prototype your gadget.