Wrap Up & Resources
Congratulations, Module 9 concludes this beginner workshop! For in-depth information about how to build all types of Alexa skills, including code examples, visit the Alexa Skills Kit documentation.
Conversational design resources
To make your Cake Time skill conversations even better, see the following resources:
Food for thought
Cake Time is a great skill, but but it's not perfect. There are many things that you could do to improve the overall experience.
Here's a list of hypothetical improvements you might want to make. Challenge yourself to try to implement some or all of these improvements:
- Increase retention by adding a streak counter that changes the greeting every five times the user interacts with the skill.
- Use in-skill purchase (ISP) entitlements to sell hints and extra tries. For details, see Sell Products in an Alexa Skill in the Alexa Skills Kit documentation.
- Use an in-skill purchase subscription so users can access daily or weekly drops of new celebrities. For details, see Sell Products in an Alexa Skill in the Alexa Skills Kit documentation.
Continue the conversation
- Reach out to the Alexa Developer team on Twitter @alexadevs
- Join the Alexa Community slack at alexa.design/slack to chat with fellow Alexa skill developers.
- Join the Alexa Developer team for regular streaming programs on Twitch and YouTube, where we regularly dive into advanced voice design concepts and new features of the ASK SDK.
- Find code and coaching to help you get more proficient with Alexa features in the following GitHub repositories:
The Alexa Developer team is committed to provide online and in-person learning to help designers and developers create compelling voice experiences.
The team would love to hear from you about the following subjects:
- This workshop. Please let us know what you liked, didn't like, and what we can do to improve!
- Feature requests. Do you have a feature request for Alexa skill development?
Was this page helpful?
Last updated: Oct 11, 2023