Enhance Time Accuracy with the Alexa Settings API
Welcome to Module 6 of the beginner workshop about how to build an engaging Alexa skill. In this module, you'll learn how to use the Alexa Settings API to enhance the time accuracy of your skill.
Time required: 15 minutes
What you'll learn:
- How to configure your skill to use the default Alexa API client
- How to access the device ID from the request
- How to use the UPS Service Client to look up the time zone with the device ID
Why would you want to know the time zone? In Module 5, you learned how to welcome a user or welcome them back. In this module, you'll learn how to personalize that greeting a bit more by saying something relevant to the current time of day.
Step by Step: Enhance time accuracy with the Alexa Settings API
To complete this module, you need to sign in to the Alexa developer console with your Amazon developer account, and then open the Cake Time skill.
If you aren't signed in already, open the Alexa developer console Sign-In page, enter your Amazon developer account credentials, and then click Sign-In.
- Previous: Help Your Skill Remember with Attributes Manager
- Next: Step 1: Get and pass the device ID to the API