Certify your Skill with Amazon Pay
Congratulations! You have built your skill, linked it with Amazon Pay, and tested it in Sandbox mode to confirm that it is working as desired.
Before you submit your skill for certification, make sure you have the following Amazon Pay requirements* integrated into your skill:
- Invocation name
The skill's invocation name must match the seller name, and the skill must guide customers to use the seller name when invoking the skill. For example, "Alexa, ask [seller name]…" or "Alexa, open [seller name]. For more information, see invocation name requirements.
- Skill description
The skill's description must note that the skill uses Amazon Pay to process payments. It must also contain the following sentence in the appropriate language:
- Deutsch: Dieser Skill verwendet Amazon Pay, um Ihre Zahlungen zu verarbeiten. Zum Schutz vor unerwünschten Bestellungen, können Sie in der Alexa App unter Einstellungen einen vierstelligen Sprachcode vergeben.
- English: This skill uses Amazon Pay to process your payments. To help protect against unwanted ordering, you can enable a four-digit voice code under Settings in the Alexa app.
- Español: Esta Skill utiliza Amazon Pay para procesar tus pagos. Para evitar pedidos no deseados, puedes activar un código de voz de cuatro dígitos en Configuración en la aplicación de Alexa.
- Français: Cette Skill utilise Amazon Pay pour traiter vos paiements. Pour vous protéger des commandes non souhaitées, vous pouvez activer un code vocal à quatre chiffres sous Paramètres dans l'application Alexa.
- Italiano: Questa Skill usa Amazon Pay per elaborare i tuoi pagamenti. Per evitare ordini indesiderati, è possibile abilitare un codice vocale di quattro cifre accedendo alla sezione Impostazioni dell'app Alexa.
- Session management
If the session ends with an item in the cart, the next time the user interacts with the skill you must present the option to continue their previous session with the item in their cart or start a new session.
- Cart confirmation and summary
Before completing the order, the skill must confirm via voice the seller of record, products, delivery details, and order total, including any taxes or tip/delivery charges.
Example: “You have a chocolate chip cookie and 5 other items in your cart. Your order total with tax is $15. Do you want to place your order with Cookie World?”
- Order confirmation
After the purchase is completed, confirm the order details to the user via voice.
Example: “Your order for a chocolate chip cookie and 5 other items for $15 is complete. Tracking information will be sent to your email address.”
- Order confirmation card
After the purchase is completed, confirm the order details to the user with a confirmation card.
Example: “Your order for a chocolate chip cookie and 5 other items for $15 is complete. You will receive your tracking information by email.”
- Provide test instructions
Before submitting your skill for certification, make sure that you specify at least two in-skill product names in the skill's Testing Instructions. Find Testing Instructions in the developer console on the Distribution page in the Privacy and Compliance section.
- Submit skill in Production mode
After the skill passes certification it is immediately available to the public. When you submit your skill for certification, make sure that you take it out of Sandbox mode and put it into Production mode.
- Custom refund order intent
Your skill must contain a custom Refund Order Intent. This intent must tell the user how they can request a refund. For example, provide an email address and phone number so they can contact your customer support.
- Custom cancel order intent
Your skill must contain a custom Cancel Order Intent. This intent must tell the user how they can cancel their order. For example, provide an email address and phone number so they can contact your customer support.
*In addition to the Amazon Pay requirements, also review the following certification requirements for your skill.
- Ensure that your skill meets the Alexa policy guidelines
The policy guidelines help ensure that your skill is appropriate for all customers. Adherence to these guidelines guards the privacy and welfare of Alexa users.
- Ensure that your skill meets the security requirements
Security requirements depend on your method of hosting the service for your skill. Customer trust is important to us. To protect customer data, your skill must meet Amazon's security requirements.
- Perform all required functional tests
These tests verify that the information presented in the Alexa App accurately reflects the core functionality of your skill. This improves the experience when customers initially enable and begin using your skill.
- Perform all required voice interface and user experience tests
These tests verify the quality of your voice user interface. Interacting with a voice interface is a new experience for most customers. A robust interface with useful supportive prompts makes the experience feel more like a conversation.
- If your skill includes them, test your skill's screen-based interactions.
Submit your skill for certification
- Return to the developer portal, and then sign in.
- Click the Launch tab, and follow the steps for getting your skill certified.