Manage Team Competitions
Use the Leaderboards and Tournaments Console to create and manage team competitions.
- Console Task Flows for a Team Tournament
- Create Prizes
- Create a team competition
- List the team competitions for a game
- View team competition details
Console Task Flows for a Team Tournament
The procedures to create and manage team-based competitions are similar to indivdual competitions. However, note the following differences:
- Create prizes
- use the Leaderboards and Tournaments Console or Admin API, as you would for individual competitions.
- ensure that the prizeInfo for each prize can be claimed by multiple players.
- Create a team competition
- use the Leaderboards and Tournaments Console, as you would for individual competitions.
- enter values in the additional fields that are required for teams.
- Manage team prizes
- each person on the winning team receives the same prize.
Use the Leaderboards and Tournaments Console or Leaderboards and Tournaments Admin API to create prizes for team competitions.
When you set up prizes for team competitions, ensure that the prizeInfo for the prizes can be claimed by multiple people. Do not use single-use prizes for team competitions, because each player in the team will be awarded. For example, if the first prize in a competition has prizeInfo “1000_CRYSTAL_PACK”, every member of the first place team will be awarded this prize. When they claim their prize, the prizeInfo will be the same for each player (1000_CRYSTAL_PACK).
Create a team competition
To create a team competition:
- From the Your Competitions tab, select a game for the new competition.
Select Team-based Competition from the competition-type drop-down menu.
- Click Create Competition.
- Enter data for the mandatory fields:
- Competition Name - the name is visible to the players.
- Start Date and End Date - times are displayed in local time zone.
- (Optional) Change the Leaderboard rules:
- By default, the highest score wins. You can also select Lowest score wins.
- By default, the sum of individual best scores wins. You can also select Sum of all scores wins
- Specify Number of players in each team. The default for minimum team size is 1 and maximum team size is unlimited.
- Minimum players: Minimum number of players required for a team entering the competition
- Maximum players: Maximum number of players required for a team entering the competition
- Add prize bundles to the competition.
Set Maximum attempts per player in a team in the Customizations section of Advanced Options. The default value is unlimited attempts.
Team size example To create a 5-versus-5 tournament, set min** and max to 5. Players can only enter the tournament if the team they have joined has a maximum size of 5. If the maximum size of a team is 5, that team can enter the tournament, even if the actual number of players in the team is less than 5.
List the team competitions for a game
- From the Your Competitions tab, select a game from the drop-down list.
- Select Team-based Competitions from the type of competition drop-down menu.
View team competition details
- Select a competition to view the competition leaderboard.
- In the left menu, click Competition Details to view other information about the competition.