Intro to Amazon Pay
Note: This guide is for one-time payments. Please see the Automatic payments integration guide for other use cases.
Amazon Pay provides buyers with a secure, trusted, and convenient way to sign in and pay for their purchases on your site by using their Amazon credentials.
This guide provides an overview of the buyer experience and shows you how to integrate with the latest checkout technology from Amazon Pay.
The Amazon Pay checkout experience
- The buyer clicks on the Amazon Pay button to start checkout.
- The buyer signs in, confirms their preferred payment instrument, and optionally selects a shipping address on the Amazon Pay-hosted page.
- The buyer is redirected back to your order review page for confirmation.
- The buyer completes checkout on the Amazon Pay-hosted page by responding to the multi-factor authentication (identity validation) challenge, if prompted, or by selecting another payment method if payment was declined.
- Amazon Pay redirects the buyer back to your confirmation page.