Works with Alexa Console
The Works with Alexa (WWA) console is where you manage your experience with the WWA certification program. You can submit products for certification and request the WWA badge for your ASINs.
- Register Your Product
- Submit Your Product for Certification
- Project Scope
- Testing Process and Communication
- Next Steps
Before you can use the WWA console, you need the following:
An eligible device. For more information, see Works with Alexa Overview.
An Alexa developer account. You must have an Alexa Developer account even if you already have a vendor or seller account with amazon.com. If multiple people in your organization manage the certification process, you can add additional users to the same account. For more information, see Manage Your Amazon Developer Account and Permissions.
Register Your Product
You must provide information for each product that you want to certify. If you plan to certify a product for multiple countries or with multiple hubs, you only have to register the product once. If your product has multiple models, register each model version separately.
To register your product
Log in to the Works with Alexa console.
On the Products page, choose Register Product. The Product page appears.
On the Product page, provide the following information.
- For Retail Name, type the name your product.
- For Brand, type the brand of your product.
- For Model Number, type the model number of your product.
- For EAN, type the European Article Number (EAN).
- For Device Type, choose the type of your device, for example Light bulb.
- For Manufacturing Location, choose the country where your device is manufactured.
- When all your information is correct, choose Save & Next to continue. Alternatively, choose Save to save your data and continue later.
On the Capabilities page, select the capabilities that your device supports. Some capabilities are selected automatically based on the Device Type. When all your information is correct, choose Save & Next to continue. Alternatively, choose Save to save your data and continue later.
On the Connection Type page, for How does your product connect to Alexa choose your method. If you choose Locally, provide additional protocol information. When all your information is correct, choose Save & Next to continue. Alternatively, choose Save to save your data and continue later.
On the Setup page, provide information about how to set up your device, and information for the device testers. When all your information is correct, choose Save & Finish. Alternatively, choose Save to save your data and continue later.
After you complete the above procedure, view your product on the Products page. If the status is Missing information, choose Edit to provide more information. If the status is Ready, you can choose Submit to submit your product for certification. If you choose Submit, the New Project page appears. Follow the instructions in the next section to submit your application.
Submit Your Product for Certification
After you register your product and it is accepted, you can submit it for certification.
To submit your product for certification
Log in to the Works with Alexa console.
On the Certification page, choose Create Project. The New Project page appears.
On the New Project page, provide the following information.
- For Which product do you want to certify?, choose your product from the list of your registered products.
- For What is the current hardware version of the device to be reviewed?, type the version number.
- For What is the current firmware version of the device to be reviewed?, type the version number.
- For Connection Type, choose the connection type.
- If you use a skill to connect to Alexa, for Connection Name, type the name of the skill.
- If you use a skill to connect to Alexa, for Skill ID or Skill ASIN, type the information for your skill. You can find the skill ID in the Alexa Skills Kit developer console. If you don't have access to the skill ID, you can provide the ASIN instead. Browse to the skill in the Alexa skills store; the ASIN is the 10-digit alphanumeric ID in the URL. For example, in the URL
www.amazon.com/gp/product/A1A1A1A1A1, the ASIN is
- If you use a skill to connect to Alexa, for Skill Stage, choose Live or Development.
For In which geographic region do you want to certify your product?, choose the region and then select the countries.
For Company Account, Company Contact Information, and Company Addresses, provide the information. The email addresses and phone numbers that you provide here are used for technical support during testing of your product.
- When all your information is correct, choose Preview. Alternatively, choose Save to save your data and continue later.
After you choose Preview the Preview Project page appears. On the Preview Project page, do the following.
- Verify all information that you provided.
- Review the Test Plans section to see the test cases. For more information about testing, see Project Scope.
When all your information is correct, choose Submit to apply for certification. Alternatively, choose Edit to edit your data.
After you complete the above procedure, you can view your project on the Certification page. You can track the status of your project in the status column. The first status after you submit your project is Intake Review.
The testing scope for your project is determined by the following.
- The type of device and the method that you use to connect to Alexa.
- The capabilities that your product supports.
For products that connect to Alexa by using an Alexa skill:
- The first time your product is certified, it undergoes skill functionality testing, user experience testing, and Lambda function testing.
- If you request certification for a new marketplace, and the marketplace uses a previously-tested smart home service endpoint, your product is automatically certified.
- If the certification request requires a new geographic-specific service endpoint for the skill, your product undergoes abridged Lambda function testing.
For more information on Lambda function regions, see Deploy Your Lambda Function to Multiple Regions.
Testing Process and Communication
After you apply for certification, Amazon reviews your project for eligibility. If eligibility is established, Amazon sends your project to the testing facility. You are contacted by a representative from the test facility within 48 hours, with instructions for sending your devices to their location.
You can monitor the status of your project as it passes through the following stages.
- Intake Review - Amazon is reviewing the eligibility of your project.
- Pending Quote - The testing facility is generating a price quote for your project. Each time that you submit a product for testing, you must pay a fee to the testing facility.
- Quote Approval Required - The testing facility is waiting for approval of the quote.
- Pending Device Delivery - The testing facility is waiting to receive your device.
- In Queue - The testing facility has received your device and it is in queue for testing.
- Under Test - The testing facility is testing your device. You can expect a round of testing to take about 10 business days.
- Results Under Review - The testing facility has finished testing your device and sent the results to Amazon. Amazon is reviewing the results.
- Complete - Amazon has finished reviewing your results and either approved or rejected your project.
If your product does not pass, the testing facility provides a list of failures so that you can take steps to correct the issues. You can review your test results in the WWA console. If you have questions about the failures, contact email@example.com for help. When you are ready to resubmit your product for testing, choose Test Again on your test project results.
Amazon notifies you when your product successfully passes testing. When Amazon approves your project, your product is Works with Alexa certified and eligible for badging.
After you achieve the WWA certification for your product, you can request the WWA badge. For more information, see Display the Works with Alexa badge on Amazon.com and Add the Works with Alexa badge to your marketing materials.