Get Started with ACK
The Alexa Connect Kit (ACK) product development process consists of the following six phases: get started, product design, prototype and development, testing and certification, manufacturing, and launch.
- To prototype your product, follow the recommendations in phase one to phase three.
- To mass produce your product, follow the recommendations in phase one to phase six.
ACK product development guidelines
Phase 1: Get started
In this phase, you learn about ACK and decide what type of product you want to create.
For example, you might want to build a smart fan that a user can power on and cycle through a range of different settings. You also might want to include some additional features, such as collecting metrics, to understand how users are using your device on a daily basis.
- Learn about Alexa Connect Kit.
- Learn How Alexa Connect Kit works.
- Meet the minimum requirements to build an ACK-based product.
- Create your Amazon developer account.
- Understand the products you can build.
- Decide on high-level product concept, such as building a smart fan.
In this section
- Ideation – The first steps to take when you build an ACK-based device.
- ACK Minimum Requirements – The minimum requirements to meet to build an ACK-based device.
- Create your Amazon Developer Account – How to sign up for an Amazon developer account and use it with ACK-based products.
- Get the ACK Development Kit – How to purchase an ACK development kit.
Was this page helpful?
Last updated: Dec 13, 2020