Smart Home Skill API Documentation Changelog
Added content about the Smart Home Skill API features in preview.
Added content about building smart home skills for sensors:
- Added content about new ways to debug your smart home skill.
- Added content about the new Alexa.MediaMetadata Interface.
Added content for the new equalizer interface:
Added content for proactive endpoint management:
Updated numerous places to indicate support for Italian and Spanish (ES).
Added content for the hold duration scheduling feature:
Modified the cooking documentation:
Sizefrom the FoodCount property.
- Removed the multi-turn dialog example from Build Smart Home Skills for Cooking Appliances.
- Added additional error information to Send Events to the Alexa Event Gateway.
- Removed CUSTOM mode from ThermostatMode. Adding custom modes is not supported.
- Added a new topic for state reporting test tool. See How to Use the State Reporting Test Tool.
- Made other small changes to clarify state reporting.
Added notes to a few topics to highlight differences in the developer console. For example:
- Permissions are not supported in the developer console.
- Migration from Payload Version v2 to v3 is not supported in the developer console.
Added a section about the testing tool for proactive state updates.
- Updated Steps to Build a Smart Home Skill to match changes in the AWS Console.
proactivelyReportedin a few places.
Added documentation for cooking APIs. Made numerous updates to the existing documentation and added the following new topics:
- Build Smart Home Skills for Cooking Appliances
- Clarified when ChangeReport events should be sent and updated the definition for
proactivelyReportedin the State Reporting in a Smart Home Skill topic.
- Added an example of a
Responseevent with a custom thermostat mode to the ThermostatController topic, and changed the custom mode example in the ThermostatMode definition.
Added Echo Spot to supported devices for smart home camera skills. See Build Smart Home Camera Skills.
- Updated the text of the ColorTemperatureController and ColorController interfaces to include the following: For lighting endpoints that support the ColorController and ColorTemperatureController interfaces, report the state of
colorwhen an endpoint is set to a color, and report the state of
colorTemperatureInKelvinwhen an endpoint is set to a shade of white.
- Made other small adjustments to align with this change.
- Added new topic Best Practices for the Alexa App.
- Changed accepted payload versions to "3" from "1.0" for:
- Updated security requirements to require TLS 1.2 in Build Smart Home Camera Skills.
scopefrom response examples for synchronous interfaces.
- Updated Send Events to the Alexa Event Gateway to include response for successful message and reordered content.
percentageStatefrom EndpointLowPower payload to align with implementation.
- Added links to GitHub sample code in each interface topic.
Added new display categories for discovery to support entertainment devices.