Quick Reference: Add Echo Buttons to an Alexa Skill
The following resources help you create skills for Echo Buttons.
Concepts and procedures
- Understand Echo Button Skills – The technical documentation for creating Echo Button skills, such as Echo Button programming concepts, troubleshooting, best practices, testing, and certification.
- Steps to Build an Echo Button Skill – The steps to build a skill that can light up and receive input from Echo Buttons.
- Create a Skill and Choose the Interaction Model – An overview of how to create a skill using the developer console, and a list of links to the remaining steps that you need to take to configure and build your skill.
- Game Engine API Reference – The API documentation for the Game Engine interface, which enables your skill to receive input from Echo Buttons.
- Gadget Controller API Reference – The API documentation for the Gadget Controller interface, which enables your skill to control Echo Buttons.
- Echo Buttons Trivia Game Template – A starting point for you to build your own trivia skill that uses Echo Buttons.
- Color Changer – A sample skill that includes roll call, starting and stopping the Input Handler, and defining animations for different button events.
- Hello Buttons – A simple example of how to use the gadget interfaces; this is not intended to be a comprehensive sample.
- Build Games for Echo Buttons with the New Trivia Template – A discussion of how to build trivia games with the Echo Button trivia template code.
- Echo Buttons Skill Teardown: Don't Cut That Wire – An overview of the Don't Cut That Wire walkthrough, which provides JSON examples that detail best practices around these roll call, light animations, and so on.
- Tips for Building Echo Button Skills with the Echo Buttons Skill API (Beta) – Some best practices for building interactive games for Echo Buttons.
- C+C Hacking Factory: Bop it Buttons, Episode 1 – The process of writing a script for a dialog model for Bop it Buttons, a game that uses Echo Buttons.
- C+C Hacking Factory: Bop it Buttons: Episode 2 – The conversion of a script to intents, utterances, and slots.
- C+C Hacking Factory: Bop it Buttons: Episode 4 – A discussion of badges, persistent attributes, and Dynamo DB.
- C+C Hacking Factory: Bop it Buttons: Episode 5 – An example of programming with the Echo Buttons Skill API.
- C+C Hacking Factory: Bop it Buttons: Episode 7 – The button gameplay.
- C+C Hacking Factory: Bop it Buttons: Episode 8 – The final showdown.
- C+C Hacking Factory: Highlight: Gadgets Skill API vs. Game Engine – The differences between the two gadget interfaces.