Smart Home Skill API Documentation Changelog
- Adding documentation for cooking APIs. Made numerous updates to the existing documentation and added the following new topics:
- Clarified when ChangeReport events should be sent and updated the definition for
proactivelyReportablein the State Reporting in a Smart Home Skill topic.
- Added an example of a
Responseevent with a custom thermostat mode to the ThermostatController topic, and changed the custom mode example in the ThermostatMode definition.
- Added Echo Spot to supported devices for smart home camera skills. See Build Smart Home Camera Skills.
- Updated the Test Your Skill of Steps to Build a Smart Home Skill to include steps for the Test Simulator beta.
- Updated the text of the ColorTemperatureController and ColorController interfaces to include the following: For lighting endpoints that support the ColorController and ColorTemperatureController interfaces, report the state of
colorwhen an endpoint is set to a color, and report the state of
colorTemperatureInKelvinwhen an endpoint is set to a shade of white.
- Made other small adjustments to align with this change.
- Updated Build Smart Home Skills for Entertainment Devices, Develop Smart Home Skills in Multiple Languages and relevant interface topics to include support for English (U.K.).
- Added new topic Best Practices for the Alexa App
Changed accepted payload versions to “3” from “1.0” for:
- Added Discovery section to PlaybackController, to describe the
supportedOperationsarray. Updated other examples to include this array.
- Updated security requirements to require TLS 1.2 in Build Smart Home Camera Skills.
scopefrom response examples for synchronous interfaces.
- Updated Send Events to the Alexa Event Gateway to include response for successful message and reordered content.
percentageStatefrom EndpointLowPower payload to align with implementation.
- Added links to GitHub sample code in each interface topic.
- Added new display categories for discovery to support entertainment devices.