Smart Home Skill API Documentation Changelog
- Added additional error information to Send Events to the Alexa Event Gateway.
- Removed CUSTOM mode from TemperatureMode. Adding custom modes is not supported.
- Added a new topic for state reporting test tool. See How to Use the State Reporting Test Tool.
- Made other small changes to clarify state reporting.
Added notes to a few topics to highlight differences in the developer console beta. For example:
- Permissions are not supported in the developer console beta
- Migration from Payload Version v2 to v3 is not supported in the developer console beta
- Added section about testing tool for proactive state updates.
- Updated Steps to Build a Smart Home Skill to match changes in the AWS Console.
proactivelyReportedin a few places.
- Adding documentation for cooking APIs. Made numerous updates to the existing documentation and added the following new topics:
- Clarified when ChangeReport events should be sent and updated the definition for
proactivelyReportedin the State Reporting in a Smart Home Skill topic.
- Added an example of a
Responseevent with a custom thermostat mode to the ThermostatController topic, and changed the custom mode example in the ThermostatMode definition.
- Added Echo Spot to supported devices for smart home camera skills. See Build Smart Home Camera Skills.
- Updated the Test Your Skill of Steps to Build a Smart Home Skill to include steps for the Test Simulator beta.
- Updated the text of the ColorTemperatureController and ColorController interfaces to include the following: For lighting endpoints that support the ColorController and ColorTemperatureController interfaces, report the state of
colorwhen an endpoint is set to a color, and report the state of
colorTemperatureInKelvinwhen an endpoint is set to a shade of white.
- Made other small adjustments to align with this change.
- Updated Build Smart Home Skills for Entertainment Devices, Develop Smart Home Skills in Multiple Languages and relevant interface topics to include support for English (U.K.).
- Added new topic Best Practices for the Alexa App
Changed accepted payload versions to "3" from "1.0" for:
- Added Discovery section to PlaybackController, to describe the
supportedOperationsarray. Updated other examples to include this array.
- Updated security requirements to require TLS 1.2 in Build Smart Home Camera Skills.
scopefrom response examples for synchronous interfaces.
- Updated Send Events to the Alexa Event Gateway to include response for successful message and reordered content.
percentageStatefrom EndpointLowPower payload to align with implementation.
- Added links to GitHub sample code in each interface topic.
- Added new display categories for discovery to support entertainment devices.