Smart Home Skill API Documentation Changelog
- Updated Build Smart Home Skills for Entertainment Devices, Develop Smart Home Skills in Multiple Languages and relevant interface topics to include support for English (U.K.).
- Added new topic Best Practices for the Alexa App
Changed accepted payload versions to “3” from “1.0” for:
- Added Discovery section to PlaybackController, to describe the
supportedOperationsarray. Updated other examples to include this array.
- Updated security requirements to require TLS 1.2 in Build Smart Home Camera Skills.
scopefrom response examples for synchronous interfaces.
- Updated Send Events to the Alexa Event Gateway to include response for successful message and reordered content.
percentageStatefrom EndpointLowPower payload to align with implementation.
- Added links to GitHub sample code in each interface topic.
- Added new display categories for discovery to support entertainment devices.