Known Issues of the Alexa Gadgets Toolkit
This topic lists the known issues of the Alexa Gadgets Toolkit.
- Speech data
- Bluetooth connection and reconnection
- Time info
- Music data
- Displaying gadget details
- Viseme data is unavailable for some types of content. Examples of this content include, but are not limited to, reminders on devices with a screen, audio books, and any audio not spoken by Alexa (jokes not spoken by Alexa, sports news, and so on).
- The gadget might not receive viseme data when Alexa's response contains a wakeword (for example, "Alexa", "Echo", or "Computer").
Bluetooth connection and reconnection
- Multi-room audio, which is when music is played on multiple Echo devices within the same household simultaneously, might interfere with the Bluetooth connection between the Echo device and the gadget. To avoid connectivity interruptions, disable multi-room audio while you prototype your gadget.
- If a gadget is disconnected from the Echo device after receiving an alert or notification without the customer taking any action, the gadget may not receive the current status of the alert or notification upon reconnection.
- The Alerts interface does not currently support one-step correction to an existing timer. For example, "Alexa, set a five-minute timer" or "Alexa, make that seven minutes."
- The Alerts interface does not currently support adding and removing time to an existing timer. For example, "Alexa, add five minutes to the pasta timer."
- On some Echo devices, a
StateListener.StateUpdatedirective of type
timeinfomight be sent more often than every 30 minutes.
- The Alerts interface does not currently support triggering of music alarms.
- On Echo (1st generation) and Echo Dot (1st and 2nd generation) devices, reminders are sent to the gadget as alarms.
- If a user uses their voice to fast forward or rewind a song from Amazon Music, tempo data is no longer sent to the gadget for the remaining duration of the song.
- Tempo data is sent to the gadget even when Amazon Music is muted.
Displaying gadget details
- On Echo devices with a screen, the details of the gadget (for example, firmware version) will not be available under Settings.