Understanding the Mobile Associates API
Recent Videos and Blog Posts
Introducing the Mobile Associates API
The Amazon Mobile Associates API offers a new way for you to monetize your apps:
- Offer physical and digital products in your apps and games distributed through Amazon and other Android stores.
- Earn up to 6% advertising fees on purchases made through your apps and games via the popular Amazon Associates program
- Leverage Amazon’s safe and trusted checkout experience
How to get started
To get started with the Amazon Mobile Associates API:
- Sign in to your developer portal account. If you do not already have one, you will be prompted to create an account.
- Submit your payment and tax information. (Skip this step if you have already submitted this information)
- Get an Application Key by clicking on your app under My Apps or adding a new app.
- Download and integrate the Amazon Mobile Associates API. Submit your app for approval.
Also, take a look at our webinar explaining Mobile Associates and how to integrate it into your own mobile Android applications:
Amazon Mobile Associates Availability: The Amazon Mobile Associates API serves U.S. users and works with mobile apps on Fire, Kindle Fire, and Android devices. Apps that use the Amazon Mobile Associates API may be distributed through any Android platform as long as they are available through the Amazon Mobile App Distribution Program.
Developers who reside in AR, CO, ME, MO, VT, or RI are not eligible to use Mobile Associates API because the Amazon Associates program is not available in those states. Please review the FAQ section for additional details on eligibility. In addition, the Mobile Associates API may not be incorporated into mobile apps that are directed toward children under 13 years of age, as defined by the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and any regulations promulgated thereunder. For more information on COPPA compliance, please visit the FTC's website.
Who's Using the Mobile Associates API?
Days of Wonder, Inc.
"No other company puts as much time and attention into both digital and physical gaming experiences as we do. Over the years, we've seen that creating great digital games has always led to increased interest in and additional sales for our physical board games."
"This new API from Amazon is really the best of all worlds for our company and for fans of Ticket to Ride," said Eric Hautemont, founder and CEO of Days of Wonder. "Fans are going to love the ability to have a beautifully crafted physical board game or expansion delivered right to their homes, all with just a tap without ever leaving their Fire."
Alt12 Apps, Inc.
"The Amazon Mobile Associates API only took us two days to integrate, and allows us to offer a seamless in-app shopping experience and a greater selection of products for our customers," said Jennifer Wong CEO at Alt12.
"With the great performance we're already seeing from the Amazon Mobile Ads API, it was an easy decision to integrate the Mobile Associates API too."