This page lists Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Amazon’s Live App Testing service.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Q: What is Live App Testing?
- Live App Testing allows you to quickly distribute your apps in the Amazon Appstore to a pre-defined set of testers before you go live. The testers will be able to sample the full suite of Amazon services - including in-app purchasing - in our production environment, so you can ensure your app is working as expected. Testers will not be charged for any purchases they make. This allows you to gather feedback, improve quality, increase stability and optimize the experience before you push your app live for all customers to download.
- Q: What does Live App Testing include?
- Live App Testing provides crash reporting and integration with Amazon’s App Testing Service, which reports any device compatibility issues your app binary may have.
Live App Testing also provides tester management. Easily define the list of testers you want to be able to test your app. You don’t need to keep track of who you have invited to test your app. Amazon takes care of the complexity of ensuring that only the set of testers you defined are the ones that are testing the app.
- Q: Are testers provided by me or by Amazon?
- Live App Testing testers are provided by you.
- Q: Which devices does Live App Testing support?
- Live App Testing supports all Android and Amazon devices, including the Amazon Fire TV and Amazon Fire phone.
- Q: Which Amazon APIs can I test with Live App Testing?
- You can test your app binary with all Amazon APIs, including IAP. See the full list of Amazon APIs.
- Q: Can I test my iOS apps with Live App Testing?
- No. Live App Testing only supports Android and Amazon APKs and Amazon APIs.
- Q: Which marketplaces does Live App Testing support?
- You can publish your test to all marketplaces, except for China.
- Q: Can I promote my app binary from Live App Testing to upcoming version?
- Yes. You can promote your app binary to the upcoming version, where you can make final adjustments to your app’s metadata before submitting to live.
- Q: Is there a limit to the number of testers that can participate in a test?
- Yes. The maximum number of testers that can test your app binary is 500.
- Q: Is my test confidential?
- No. Though test apps will only be distributed to the testers you designate, Amazon does not impose confidentiality obligations on testers.
- Q: Can any customer see my live app testing app binary?
- No. General customers will not be able to browse and view your test app binary. Only testers that receive the tester invitation link will be able to download and install your test app binary.
- Q: Can testers submit feedback to me through the Live App Testing service?
- No, testers need to submit their feedback to you directly through a channel of your choosing (e.g., email, internal ticket system, etc.).
- Q: How much does Live App Testing cost?
- Live App Testing is free of charge.
- Q: Is there a guide that walks me through the steps to create a test?
- Yes, see Getting Started with Live App Testing.
- Q: Why do my testers not see the Live App Testing binary in their Cloud tab?
- The tester may need to click sync to pull in the new version.
- The tester needs to verify they have accepted the e-mail invitation and received a confirmation of purchase.
- The tester needs to ensure that they accepted the live app testing invitation with the Amazon account they are using for testing.
- The tester might not have a compatible device.