Quick Reference: Add Account Linking to an Alexa Skill
The following resources help you implement account linking, which connects the identity or data of the user with a user account in a different system.
Concepts and procedures
- Understand Account Linking – Documentation that describes how to implement and configure account linking in your skill.
- Let Users Enable Your Skill Without Account Linking – Documentation that shows how to set up your skill so that users can enable it without starting the account linking flow.
- App-to-App Account Linking – Documentation that describes how to implement app-to-app account linking, which enables users to link their Alexa user identity with their identity in another service by starting from your app or website.
- Linked Profile Sample Skill – A sample skill that demonstrates account linking using Amazon Cognito as the OAuth identity provider.
- Alexa OAuth Sample – Sample code that sets up an OAuth 2.0 server.
- Beyond the Basics: Best Practices for Adding Account Linking to Your Alexa Skills – An additional list of best practices to help you provide your customers with a seamless account linking experience.
- 10 Tips for Successfully Adding Account Linking to Your Alexa Skill – Some best practices for creating a high-quality account linking experience for your customers.
- Create a Consistent Customer Experience with Mutual Account Linking for Your Alexa Skill – An example of how to set up an authorization server, mutual account linking, and a resource server to support the reciprocal access token exchange. This type of account linking is required for baby activity skills.
Videos, podcasts, and webinars
- Developing Alexa Skills - Account Linking – A video that describes how to incorporate account linking into your skill.
- VOD - Alexa Account Linking – A broadcast that describes account linking and how to implement it in your skill.