Quick Reference: Test an Alexa Skill
The following resources help you test your skill.
Concepts and procedures
- Test Your Skill – A document that describes the different ways to test a skill, gives the minimum amount that you must configure a skill before testing, and shows how to test a skill using the developer console test simulator instead of an Echo device.
- Skill Testing Operations – The documentation for the Alexa Skill Management API (SMAPI) REST APIs that you can use to test your skill.
- ASK CLI
simulateCommand – The documentation for an ASK CLI command that simulates an invocation of your skill with text input on the command line.
- Test and Debug a Custom Skill – Some general recommendations for testing custom skills.
- How to Test an Echo Button Skill – Your options for testing Echo Button skills.
- Test and Submit Your Skill for Certification – A description of how to use the developer console to verify that your skill is ready to submit for certification.
- Certification Requirements for Custom Skills – A list of links to the tests that your skill must pass before you submit it for certification.
- In-Skill Purchase Testing Guide – The additional certification requirements for in-skill products.
- Unit Testing: Creating Functional Alexa Skills – A discussion of how to create unit tests to validate a skill's output against predefined assertions.
- How to Create a Self-Test Room and Evaluate Your Alexa Voice Service Integration – The minimum requirements for a self-test room that you can construct at your workplace.
- TestFlow: Simulate Conversations with Your Alexa Skill Code to Ease Debugging – Describes how to use the TestFlow tool to test your skill code without needing to package or deploy your project.
Things Every Alexa Skill Should Do: Pass the One-Breath Test – A description of the "one breath test" that you can use to determine if all of your skill responses are succinct.
- Building Engaging Alexa Skills: Why Testing and Automation Matter – A high-level description of skill testing and automation and some practical steps to implement it.
Videos, podcasts, and webinars
- Alexa Skills Kit Developer Console: Test – An introduction to the testing tab of the developer console.