Quick Reference: Add List Support to an Alexa Skill
The following resources help you enable a skill to interpret and react to changes that happen to Alexa's shopping and to-do lists.
Concepts and procedures
- Steps to Create a List Skill – The steps to build a list skill.
- Creating and Managing List Skills – An FAQ – A list of frequently asked questions about creating and managing lists within a skill.
- Certification Guide for List Skills – The additional requirements that skills that support lists must fulfill.
- Access the Alexa Shopping and To-Do Lists – The API documentation for the interface that gives a custom skill list management capabilities such as adding, getting, and deleting items from a list.
- List Events in Alexa Skills – The API documentation for the interface that enables a skill to receive list events, such as when the user adds an item to a list.
- List Access Demo – Sample code that incorporates list support into a skill.
- List Events Demo – Sample code that shows how you can have events sent to your skill when there are changes in the user's Alexa lists.
- Berry Bash – A sample skill that uses the Alexa Skills Kit SDK for Node.js to demonstrate how to use body templates, list templates, font manipulation, action text, screen interaction, and voice interaction with on-screen elements.
- Integrate Skills with Alexa Lists—Now Available as Part of the Alexa Skills Kit – A discussion of how to integrate custom skills with Alexa's shopping and to-do lists.