Add a Plugin to Your Xamarin Project
Xamarin components are zip files that contain dll (dynamic-link library) files for each platform that the component supports. To sideload a component into a Xamarin project, follow these steps:
- Change the file extension of the Xamarin component from .xam to .zip.
- Unzip the Xamarin component.
- Open the Xamarin project to which you want to add the component.
- In the Solutions Explorer, right-click on References.
- Click Edit References….
- Click on the .NET Assembly tab.
- Navigate to the directory with the unzipped Xamarin component (see step 2). The .dll files that you can add to your project are located in the
<platform>is either android or ios.
- Add the appropriate .dll to the project.
Additional Xamarin Setup Steps for In-App Purchasing v2 Android Deployment
If you use the IAP v2 Xamarin plugin in your app, you must update your manifest to declare the IAP response receiver before creating your Android APK.
In your Android manifest, add the following under your
<application> XML node:
<receiver android:name = "com.amazon.device.iap.ResponseReceiver" android:permission = "com.amazon.inapp.purchasing.Permission.NOTIFY" > <intent-filter> <action android:name = "com.amazon.inapp.purchasing.NOTIFY" /> </intent-filter> </receiver>