Quick Reference: Certify an Alexa Skill
The following resources help you certify your skill.
Concepts and procedures
- Test and Submit Your Skill for Certification – A description of how to use the developer console to test and submit your skill for certification.
- Certification Requirements for Custom Skills – A list of links to the tests that your custom skill must pass before you submit it for certification.
- In-Skill Purchase Certification Guide – The additional tests that a skill with in-skill purchases must pass before you submit it for certification.
- Certify Your Device with Works with Alexa – The steps to certify your product as Works with Alexa and request the badge for your products.
- Flash Briefing Skill Certification Checklist – The tests that a flash briefing skill must pass before you submit it for certification.
- Certification Guide for List Skills – The requirements that list skills must fulfill to pass certification.
- Tips for a Successful Alexa Skill Certification – Some common pitfalls in skill certification, and how to avoid them.
- Certification Tips for Alexa Kid Skills – Some recommendations for kid skills based on common issues that developers face.
- Tips for Creating Certifiable Example Phrases for Your Alexa Skill – The key requirements and best practices for example phrases.
- Tips for a Successful Alexa Smart Home Skill Certification – The common pitfalls in smart home skill certification and how to avoid them.
- Tips for a Successful Alexa Flash Briefing Skill Certification – The common pitfalls in flash briefing skill certification and how to avoid them.
- Big Nerd Ranch Series: Developing Alexa Skills Locally with Node.js: Submitting an Alexa Skill for Certification – Some guidance for the skill submission and certification process.
Videos, podcasts, and webinars
- Developing Alexa Skills - Certification and Testing – An overview of the skill certification process.
- Alexa Skill Certification with Sameer Lalwani – A podcast about best practices for getting your skill published and guidance for building more engaging skills for customers.