Today, Amazon Creator announced an integration with Brightcove, a global provider of cloud solutions for managing, delivering, and monetizing video experiences on every screen. The integration enables Brightcove Video Cloud customers to easily create and publish video-based apps on Amazon Fire TV. Using Amazon Creator, Brightcove Video Cloud customers can leverage their existing Brightcove-based workflows to publish content on Amazon Fire TV and expand their audience reach.
Brightcove Video Cloud customers can bring their content that’s hosted and managed in Brightcove into the living rooms of millions of Amazon customers in five easy steps:
- Register a new application in Brightcove: Register a new application in Brightcove Video Cloud and configure it with certain permissions to allow Amazon Creator to play videos from your account. Retrieve your Client ID and Client Secret as a part of the registration process.
- Create a Brightcove Player: Create and configure a new Brightcove Player for Amazon Creator. You can capture analytics in Video Cloud about video consumption on Amazon Fire TV. Retrieve your Player ID.
- Create Your Amazon Fire TV App: Insert your Brightcove Client ID, Client Secret, Account ID, Player ID, and optionally Playlist Reference ID into Amazon Creator. Amazon Creator automatically creates a new Fire TV app using a default theme.
- Customize, preview, and share your app: You can customize the app’s default colors and images using an intuitive interface. You can also preview a fully functional version of your app directly in browser or using the Amazon Creator preview app on Fire TV. You can also share the preview app link or test code for the Amazon Creator preview app with your friends and family for feedback before publishing.
- Publish your app: Once the app is ready, start the app publishing process and finally submit it to the Amazon Appstore for review. As soon as your app passes the review process, it will be available to all Amazon Fire TV customers.
Ready to get started?
Go to https://creator.amazon.com/ and sign in with your Amazon account.