An app store accepted your game, and you see good results. For better results, you may want to think about having your app featured by a games journalist or a media pro, such as a YouTuber or Twitch Broadcaster.
YouTube influencers are now some of the most powerful folks in the mobile app space. They offer both direct and indirect product placement by either name-dropping the hottest, new mobile app or reviewing it.
Here are five app marketing tips for getting media pros to review your game:
- Lead with a compelling graphic to capture interest. Use a stunning, high-quality image that showcases any mind-blowing action in your game. Also, make sure your app is stable, meaning no glitches or frustrating load times.
- Show the love. Convey how much users love your app and provide examples, such as “Won Audience Choice at Indie Prize Award” or “Came in Second Place in Very Big Indie Pitch.” Or, for non-prize winning apps, illustrate how much your fans support your app by sharing their five-star reviews.
- Stand out from the crowd. Describe how your game differs from other games in its genre, including its original content, mechanics, and more.
- Make accessing your app incredibly easy. Help users find the joy by providing a link for downloading your game. Remember, your fans are not worried about the underlying multi-platform technology; they simply want your game to behave as expected.
- Keep communication lines open. If fans write back to you for more information, always respond immediately, even if it is only to tell them when you can provide them with answers or more information. The key to this attention-grabbing strategy is to remind users you care about their experience.
Want More App Marketing Tips?
Download our new eBook, “Eight Tips for Marketing Your App.” This valuable guide highlights why it is key to incorporate promotional efforts into your overall app strategy.
In this eBook, we explore various ways to develop promotions that deliver results, from writing killer product descriptions to choosing the right screenshot and creating the right kind of promo video. You will also learn how to be featured on the Amazon Appstore.