Get Started with Frustration Free Setup (FFS)
Learn about the technology to help you get started with your Frustration Free Setup (FFS) implementation for your Alexa Voice Service (AVS) enabled device.
The following sections discuss the contents and how to obtain the FFS software package for AVS.
About the FFS with Amazon Common Software (ACS) middleware
The Amazon Common Software (ACS) for Devices software package simplifies integrating Amazon Device SDKs on your devices. ACS unifies the API integration layer across various Amazon device SDKs and provides components for common functionalities, such as connectivity, multimedia, and authentication. These components function independent of device hardware and operating system. For more details about ACS, log in with your developer account and see Introduction to ACS.
The FFS with ACS package implements the following functionality:
- Scanning for and connecting the FFS-enabled device to a Wi-Fi network
- Validating signatures
- Enabling and disabling the BLE beacon
- Sending HTTP requests and receiving the responses
You can simplify your FFS integration with the ACS middleware and abstraction layer. ACS includes the following components:
- Unified API integration layer
- Pre-validated and memory-efficient components for common functions, such as connectivity
- A device porting kit (DPK)
- Multi-tier test suites
Obtain the FFS software package with ACS
To obtain the FFS software package with ACS
Use your Amazon developer credentials to log in to the AVS developer console:
- From the Products box, click Manage Your Products.
- Select your product or create a new one.
- On the Product Details page for your product, select your Product category, and then for How will users set up your device?, choose Alexa App using Frustration Free Setup.
- Click the Device Setup tab.
- Follow the prompts to onboard your device with FFS.
- Select ACS Version, and choose the appropriate OS, and Build Environment to download the ACS package with the FFS SDK.