5. There are three boxes labeled "Author from scratch", "Blueprints" and "Serverless Application Repository". Click the radio button in the box titled "Serverless Application Repository" We have created an application in the repository as a shortcut to getting everything set up for your skill.
6. Enter fact to search for the application repository named alexa-skills-kit-nodejs-factskill. Enter the full name into the search box if you need to narrow the search results.
7. Click on the application. This template will create the Lambda function, grant the Alexa Skills Kit permission to invoke it, and set up an IAM role for you. It will also add the code from this GitHub repo and include the required dependencies so that you don't have to upload them yourself.
8. Change the application name if so desired and then Click the deploy button at the bottom of the page.
9. Wait for the status of all (three) resources to change to CREATE_COMPLETE. The banner at the top will also change to say Application successfully deployed.
10. Open the function that was just created in the Lambda console by clicking on the link in the list of resources. It is normally the first resource and the only link in the list.
(Optional, but recommended) To secure this Lambda function
follow the instructions found here
12. Scroll down the page until you see a section called Function code.
You are not required to make any changes, however for your knowledge, the code which was pre-loaded into the function comes from here
. If you modify the code, be sure to click "Save".
14. You should see the Amazon Resource Name (ARN) for this function in the top right corner of the page. (You may need to scroll back up.) Copy the ARN value for this Lambda function for use in the next section of the guide.