We are almost done! The last step is to add the metadata that your skill will use in the Skill Store. This page will walk you through the remaining steps to launch your skill!
1. Select the Launch link from the top navigation menu.
2. Fill out the form fields per the guidance on the screen. Hover over the question mark icons for details regarding each respective field. Fields marked with an asterisk (*), are required!
3. Write your skill descriptions.
4. For your example phrases, come up with the three most exciting ways a user can talk to your skill.
5. Create your skill's icons. You need two sizes of your icon: 108x108px and 512x512px.
6. Choose the most appropriate category for your skill.
7. Provide a comprehensive list of keywords for users that are searching for new skills. This is an optional field, and searching the Alexa app or the skill store will also find the words in your Skill Name and descriptions, so you don't need to overdo it. That being said, if there are words that you want users to find your skill with, you should include them here. Separate the keywords with commas.
10. When you're ready, click Save and Continue at the bottom of the screen to move onto Privacy & Compliance
If you're not sure, please see the FTC's COPPA Guidance and FAQ for more information.
11. Export Compliance. Be certain that you agree with all of the conditions. If you do, make sure to check this box, as Amazon requires this permission to distribute your skill around the globe.
12. Provide testing instructions. Testing instructions give you an opportunity to explain your skill, and any special or possibly confusing features, to the certification team. A value is required in this box.
This will let the testing team understand what you're providing them, and should decrease the testing time required.
Note: More details on certification are available here.
13. If you feel that your skill is ready for certification, click the Save and Continue button at the bottom of the page.
14. You're done with your submission! Here are a few things you might need to know:
You have successfully submitted your skill for publication. You can test it on your Amazon Echo or any device with Alexa. If you don’t have a device with Alexa, you can test it in the Echo Simulator by signing in with your Amazon account at Echosim.io.
Now that you're a skill-building pro, it's time to start thinking about what you'll build next. Developers like you have built more than 12,000 skills with the Alexa Skills Kit (ASK). Start building your next skill today.