On page #1 of this guide, we created a voice user interface for the intents and utterances we expect from our users. On page #2, we created a Lambda function that contains all of our logic for the skill. On this page, we need to connect those two pieces together.
- Go back to the Amazon Developer Portal and select your skill from the list. You may still have a browser tab open if you started at the beginning of this tutorial.
- Select the Endpoint tab on the left side navigation panel.
- Select the "AWS Lambda ARN" option for your endpoint. You have the ability to host your code anywhere that you would like, but for the purposes of simplicity and frugality, we are using AWS Lambda. (Read more about Hosting Your Own Custom Skill Web Service.) With the AWS Free Tier, you get 1,000,000 free requests per month, up to 3.2 million seconds of compute time per month. Learn more at aws.amazon.com/free. In addition, Amazon now offers AWS Promotional Credits for developers who have live Alexa skills that incur costs on AWS related to those skills.
- Paste your Lambda's ARN (Amazon Resource Name) into the textbox provided for Default Region.
- Click the Save Endpoints button at the top of the main panel.