This is a standard order transaction flow for physical goods:
- When the address widget is shown to the buyer, an Order Reference is created.
- The buyer chooses a payment method from the wallet widget, and you calculate the total order amount.
- The buyer places the order, and you Set the purchase details and Confirm the Order Reference.
- You submit a request to Authorize the order amount against the selected payment method.
- If the Authorization is successful, the order can be shipped.
- You ship the order.
- You submit a request to Capture the funds from the Authorized amount, and then close the Order Reference after a successful Capture.
During the transaction, payment objects are created to support the Amazon Pay payments process:
|Order Reference||A record of key attributes necessary to process the buyer's payment. It tracks how the buyer wants to pay, where to ship, and how much to pay. It also contains information about the order like the total amount and your order identifier.|
|Authorization||Represents the availability of funds in the selected payment method and reserves them for future collection using a Capture request.|
|Capture||Represents the movement of funds from the buyer's payment method to your Amazon Pay merchant account.|
|Refund||In the event of a refund, represents the movement of previously captured funds back to the buyer's account.|
Each of these objects has a status that reflects the status of the order during the transaction flow. The following graphic shows the various actions in the flow and their related objects: