Amazon Appstore Review Guidelines
All apps submitted to the Amazon Appstore must adhere to our Content Guidelines shown on our FAQs page.
The following list shows specific examples that we look out for when evaluating whether an app can be made available in our store. The list is not exhaustive, and the guidelines may change over time as new issues arise.
The guidelines vary by marketplace and/or country and there may be additional guidelines that are not shown here.
Your app will be rejected for any of the following reasons.
- Contains references to or includes malicious hacking, such as phishing or Trojans, or has cracking content in the app or app metadata. This includes rooting a device, or circumventing Amazon's or any developer's digital rights management (DRM) software.
- Contains references to or includes malicious user spying or tracking, including stalking, in the app or app metadata.
- Misuses customer personally identifiable information or sensitive personal information.
- Purports to be affiliated with a financial institution but is not the official app of that financial institution.
- Purchasing and Currencies
- Offers a separate app store from the Amazon Appstore for Android.
- Offers compensation for downloading or installing other apps, or for providing product reviews in the Amazon Appstore for Android or another store. Examples of compensation may include digital goods, physical goods, or monetary transactions.
- Solicits donations from end users.
- Pornography and Sex
- Has images or animation that contain sexually explicit material and/or textual descriptions of sexual acts.
- Contains graphic depictions of extreme gore, decapitations, unsettling content, and/or excessive violence.
- Promotes organized crime, terrorism, or other illegal activities meant to undermine local and/or national governments or police.
- Religion, Ethnicity, and Culture
- Includes references to or information regarding forced marriages or purchasable husbands and/or wives.
- Purports to be able to predict gender.
- Contains derogatory comments or hate speech specifically targeting any group or individuals.
- Contains content that shows or promotes out-of-context quotations that mislead about the intentions of the figure being quoted.
- Contains Nazi symbols or other symbols of hate, promotes hate speech, incites racial or gender hatred, or promotes groups or organizations which support such beliefs such as the Ku Klux Klan.
- Trademarks, Intellectual Property, and Brands
- Implies sponsorship or endorsement by Amazon or otherwise mischaracterizes the relationship with Amazon.
- Infringes the intellectual property rights (including copyright, trademark and publicity rights) of a third party.
- Facilitates torrents, pirated software, or illegal downloads.
- Contains specific advice on how to join an illegal organization.
- Provides advice on how to begin or be involved in an illegal lifestyle, such as prostitution.
- Gives guidance on how create or build dangerous materials (e.g., how to build a bomb, silencer, meth lab, etc.)
- Promotes or praises terrorism, including detailing specific tactics or recruiting new members for terrorist groups.
- Contains illegal or controlled drug use.
- Contains false claims regarding medicine and/or prescription drugs—such as pills claiming to cure all diseases—or provides information about black market sales of prescription drugs.
- Enables end users to engage in gambling to win real money prizes or other tangible prizes that have an actual cash value.
- Promotes the sale of alcohol or tobacco, contains underage use of tobacco or alcohol, or promotes excessive use.
- Lacks an English product description (excluding apps that target only Germany, Japan, or China).
- Contains profanity aimed at children or profanity within child directed content.
- Contains malicious functionality, or is a prank app that does not disclose its prank functionality in its product description.
- Contains un-moderated user generated content.