Last Updated: October 11, 2017
The Alexa Voice Service (AVS) now supports Display Cards. This allows products to render “Now Playing” information for music, as well as static display cards for general knowledge questions, weather, to-do and shopping lists, calendar updates, and Alexa skills. For more information, see Display Cards Overview.
SetAlert directive has been extended to support named timers and reminders. For more information, see How to Enable Named Timers and Reminders.
|Java Sample App||v20160207.6||10/11/2017|
The Developer Console now allows developers to choose which capabilities their products support, such as Display Cards. Once enabled, products will have access to specialized APIs. To enable device capabilities, login to the Amazon Developer Portal. Then navigate to Alexa > AVS. Locate your product, click Edit, then click Device Capabilities.
- NEW - How to Enable Named Timers and Reminders
- Updated - Alerts Interface
- Display Cards Overview
- TemplateRuntime Inteface
- Display Card Guidelines for TVs
- Display Card Guidelines for Tablets
- UX Design Guidelines
- The UX Design Overview have been updated with display card specifications.
- Functional Requirements for AVS
- The Functional Requirements for AVS has been updated with requirements and recommendations that you should take into consideration when building the feature into your product.
Sample App Updates
- Added support to automatically detect if the AVS Java Sample App should start in headless mode.
- Added support for Raspbian Stretch.
The following is a list of known issues with the Alexa Voice Service. Use the information below to determine if we're aware of issues impacting you. If you have any questions, comments, or encounter issues with the Alexa Voice Service API, please leverage the [Forum and Knowledge Base][avs-forum] where we actively monitor and respond to developer feedback and concerns.
AVS API v20160207
||Clients using cloud-based wake word verification.||N/A||Open|
|The service returns additional Stop directives for Flash Briefing. No user impact.||
AVS Sample App v20160207.4
Release notes for the AVS Sample App are available in our GitHub repository.