Integrating and updating the Amazon Mobile Ads API in Android Studio just got easier with the API release on JCenter. Jcenter is a popular repository of build-artifacts that can be integrated directly within Google’s Android Studio and the Gradle open source build automation system. If you develop your app using Android Studio, you can integrate the Amazon Mobile Ads API by adding just a few lines of code and set up your build.gradle file so it is always on the latest version of the SDK.
The Amazon Mobile Ads API helps monetize apps and games on Android, iOS, and Fire OS phones and tablets. The network serves highly relevant ads from Amazon and other brand advertisers in the US, Europe, and Japan.
To get started:
- Create an Amazon developer account here.
- Obtain an Amazon Application Key.
- In Android Studio, insert the following single line of code in your build.gradle file to download and integrate the Amazon Mobile Ads API.
4. Android Studio supports a number of repositories including JCenter, Maven Central, or Ivy. Make sure your project’s Top-level build.gradle has the JCenter repository defined:
- Set your Amazon Application Key in your code. The Application Key below is a sample.
- If you already have an older version of the Amazon Mobile Ads API in your code, make sure to remove the old API.
- Submit your app to the Google Play and Amazon Appstore.
- Track your earnings on the Amazon Mobile Ad Network Performance Reports.
To learn more, go to the Amazon Mobile Ads API website or the JCenter website.