Today, we announced the general availability of the Amazon Mobile Ads API which gives you the ability to earn great eCPM by monetizing your app with mobile ads from the Amazon Mobile Ad Network.
eCPM is the amount you earn for each 1,000 ads you display in your app. Higher values are obviously better, and we’ve seen the average eCPM for the Amazon Mobile Ad Network rise 30% since its beta launch in March. Early adopters like Games2Win have already discovered our great monetization solution for banner ads.
‘The $2.00 eCPM we saw from Amazon far exceeded our expectation. We tested Amazon in our Kindle app first. Now we’re racing to get the Amazon ads integrated in all of our apps across all Android stores.’ says Mahesh Khambadkone, Co-Founder of Games2Win.
Starting today, the Amazon Mobile Ads API will be included as part of our Amazon Mobile App SDK. Developers who integrate the Amazon Mobile Ads API into apps they offer through Amazon may also distribute these apps using the API through any other Android platform.
To provide extra incentive to incorporate the Amazon Mobile Ads API into your apps (as if great monetization and ease of use weren’t enough), Amazon is offering a free Kindle Fire HD to developers who integrate our API in the next few weeks. All you have to do is submit your API-enabled app between July 25th and September 1st and send at least 500 ad requests to the Amazon Mobile Ad Network every week between September 15th and October 19th. (See terms and conditions below.)
We’re excited to share the success of the Amazon Mobile Ads API and encourage you to consider including the API in your next application. For more information, see the online documentation or our quick start guide.
Terms and Conditions of Kindle Fire HD Offer:
- To qualify for a free Kindle Fire HD, 7” display, 16 GB, with special offers, app developers must meet all of the terms and conditions of this offer.
- This offer begins at 12:01 a.m. (PT) September 15th, 2013 and ends at 11:59 p.m. (PT) October 19th, 2013 (the “Offer Period”).
- A “Qualifying App” is any mobile app that has integrated the Amazon Mobile Ads API and is submitted to the Amazon Mobile App Distribution Portal between and including July 25th and September 1st, 2013. Apps that have sent ad requests to Amazon using the Amazon Mobile Ads API prior to July 25, 2013 are not Qualifying Apps.
- A developer’s Qualifying Apps must send at least 500 ad requests every week during the Offer Period. (Each week begins at 12:01a Sunday and ends at 11:59p Saturday.) This offer is only open to developers who send the required number of ad requests for the entire Offer Period.
- A developer may use a single Qualifying App or multiple Qualifying Apps to generate the 500 weekly ad requests as long as the Qualifying Apps are registered to a single developer account.
- Limit one free Kindle Fire HD device per developer.
- Offer good while supplies last.
- Qualifying Apps must meet the Mobile Ad Network Program Participation Requirements.
- Developers must agree and adhere to the Program Materials License Agreement and the Mobile Ad Network Publisher Agreement to qualify for this offer.
- Qualifying developers must be reachable through the email addresses registered on the Distribution Portal.
- Amazon will attempt to ship the Kindle Fire HD device to qualifying developers in the U.S. and other countries. However, Amazon is not responsible for customs or taxes required for international deliveries.
- Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel this offer at any time in its discretion.
- This offer is void where prohibited.