Announcing the all-new Kindle Fire HD family of tablets,with stunning 7" and 8.9" high-definition displays, and the all-new Kindle Fire! The 8.9” screen on Kindle Fire HD features an incredible 254pixels per inch, the highest resolution of any of our tablets. And Kindle Fire HD’s 7” screen has a stunning 1280 x 800 HD display that gives customers deep,detailed contrast and rich, natural color in breathtaking high definition.
Kindle Fire is the #1 best-selling product across millions of items available on Amazon, and developing for Kindle Fire allows you to grow your business by engaging new customers and monetizing your app. Millions of Kindle Fire customers have already bought apps, and customers who buy Kindle tablets are pre-registered, so they can immediately begin downloading and playing apps.Because our 1-Click purchase experience is secure and easy to use, it increases conversion rates for your apps, thereby delivering a strong return on investment.
We’ve created resources below to help you build, optimize,test, and market your apps on the new Kindle tablets, and we encourage you to get started today!
Build & Optimize Your Apps
- Device Specifications & Development Resources- Find device specifications,sample code, and more on the Kindle Fire Development Resourcessection of the Mobile App Distribution Portal.
- Amazon Mobile App SDK- Learn about the In-App Purchasing API, GameCircle API, and Maps API. Integrate the AmazonMobile App SDK.
- Device Targeting- Target APKs to Amazon devices. For each title, you can offer separate APKs for Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD 7”, Kindle Fire HD 8.9”, and general Android (all non-Amazon) devices.
- International Localization- Localizeyour app for each marketplace where Kindle Fire will be sold. Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD are available for pre-order today in the United Kingdom,Germany, Spain, Italy, and France.
- Amazon Web Services- Power your apps with AmazonWeb Services. Use the AWS Android SDK to call an AWS web service API directly from your mobile apps to add scalable storage,database, or messaging infrastructure.
Test Your Apps
- Testing your Apps- Learn about our pre-submissionguidelines and testing your apps on Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD.
- Emulator-Use the KindleFire HD 7” emulator to test and debug your apps if you don’t have a Kindle Fire HD 7”device.
Submit & Market Your Apps
- Promotional Imagery- Submitpromotional images to capture the attention of customers using colorful artwork reflecting the essence of your apps. These images are displayed prominently to Kindle Fire HD customers when they browse and shop mobile apps. Submit your 1024 x 500 pixel image in PNG or JPG format today.
- Market Your HD App- Review our guidelines for identifying apps as HD on detail pages and in marketing assets. Submit your apps for HD consideration.
- Localized Marketing Content and Pricing- We recommend you localize your marketingcontent and pricing for each marketplace where Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD will be sold.
- Marketing Options- Develop your marketing strategy by reviewing the marketing options and tips available on our blog, including effectiveapp descriptions, visualmarket assets, and FreeApp of the Day. Plus, we invite all developers to request a featuredmarketing placement.
- Submit Your App- Submit your apps within the Amazon Mobile App Distribution Portal.
Stay in Touch with Amazon
- Development Best Practices- We’ll be offering tips, sample code, and strategies for optimizing your apps here on our blogand via Twitter. Follow us to stay up to date.
- Forums-Post your questions on our developer forums or, if you need extra help, contact the Amazon team directly.
Thank you for distributing your apps on Amazon. We’re excited to see the apps you build and optimize for our new Kindle tablets!