So What Is a Game Accelerator?
You may have heard of game accelerators like the Dutch Game Garden, GameFounders, or iVentureCapital. But what do they do? And do you really need one?
Well, maybe you don’t really need one. Kadri Ugand from the gaming accelerator GameFounders spoke at Casual Connect Asia in Singapore mid May. She let the audience know that they might not need an accelerator; you really can do it all yourself if you have the time and connections. An accelerator facilitates and accelerates the following functions:
- Collecting Mentors from world-class studios, publishers, investors and appstores to give you feedback on your game and marketing.
- Providing location, staff and participants for Game Testing sessions so you can see just how your game goes over with players.
- Arranging pubic speaking practice and tips, and providing effective strategies for Pitching Sessions, so you can be confident when talking to a publisher or investor.
- Arranging participation in Conferences, Demo Days, and other opportunities to get your game in front of players and potential investors and publishers.
- Many accelerators also provide Capital to help the venture along.
To get a deeper look, I spent three days as a mentor with the teams at GameFounders. It all started with Casual Connect Asia in Singapore… Read More →