Table of Contents
When you are ready to submit your app to the Amazon Apps & Games Developer Portal, refer to this page for guidance. Make sure you have already followed the instructions in the Mobile Ads Developer Launch Checklist. This checklist will help you detect integration issues prior to app submission.
The Amazon Mobile Ads API includes files built with open source code. Those files are licensed to us to distribute to you, and are further licensed to you to distribute in your apps, only if you provide standard open source attribution and disclaimer notices. Please insert the following language into your EULA, Licensing Notices, or other related documentation:
This app uses MoPub Android SDK, Copyright (c) 2011 MoPub Inc., all rights reserved, under the BSD 3-Clause license, which follows. Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
Submitting to the Amazon Apps & Games Developer Portal
- To expedite the approval of your app in Amazon’s store, please provide specific use cases for us to evaluate the integration of the Amazon Mobile Ads API before submitting your app. Please include locations where your ad placements can be found within your app, ad sizes, and any relevant information to help us review your app.
- If your app update does not affect ad functionality, please indicate that there are no changes to the ad functionality.
- If your app update entails an addition of or update to ad functionality, please include details on the new ad placements, such as location, ad sizes, and any relevant information to help us review your app.
- You can cancel your app submission while your app is in SUBMITTED status by clicking the Cancel review button.
- Once the status of the app changes from SUBMITTED to REVIEW, you can no longer make any changes to your app.
- If we encounter an issue with your app, your app status will change to PENDING, and you will be messaged with an explanation of the issue encountered and additional information as appropriate. We will suspend additional testing until the issue is resolved, i.e. you submit an updated version of the app.
- Once your app has been approved for publication, the status will change to APPROVED and your app will be live in Amazon’s store.
Fig. 1: Diagram of the submission process
Submitting to Other Distribution Channels
The Amazon Mobile Ads API can be used with apps that are distributed through any Android distribution platform in addition to Amazon Appstore.